2021 CSC KIDS DAY!!! – January 30,2021 – (Updated 20Dec2020)
Yes – for now – we are planning to sponsor the CSC Kids Day on SATURDAY, JANUARY 30TH, 2021 at Mt Southington Ski Area in Southington.
The December 20, updates include changes to the Flyer, Registration Form, Food and the number of kids allowed to participate.
As noted below, and in the Flyer and Registration Form found in this newsletter, the Council and Mt Southington are making every effort to ensure that the event is conducted in complete compliance to Connecticut pandemic rules and regulations.
It is impossible to predict what conditions related to the pandemic will be like in late January, but we are basing our information on current conditions.
We will be communicating any changes in the Kids Day section of the Council website and newsletter. Please check this site weekly for updates and plan your participation accordingly.
Due to the lower staff level for instructors, we are limiting participation to 60 children, and will maintain a wait list if we exceed this number. Anyone dropping out over Covid concerns will be refunded their registration fee. However, we ask that you inform us immediately if this is the case, so that we can open the spot to others on the wait list.
As with everything else in our lives at this time, we can only plan for the worst case and look forward to the time when we can relax and live normally again. But for now – let’s look forward to a great day for learning to ski and snowboard!
Please read and plan to abide by these rules – they are also on the reverse side of the Registration Form:
AS WITH SO MUCH ELSE, RESPONSE TO THE PANDEMIC HAS REQUIRED ALL OF US TO ALTER OUR NORMAL ACTIVITIES. MT SOUTHINGTON AND THE CSC KIDS DAY TEAM ASKS THAT ALL PARTICIPANTS REVIEW AND FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR THE EVENT:
- FACE MASKS ARE TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES EXCEPT WHEN EATING OR DRINKING.
- MAINTAIN A DISTANCE OF AT LEAST 6 FEET BETWEEN YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- ONE (1) PERSON PER LIFT
- STRICT CUT-OFF FOR REGISTRATION IS JANUARY 11, 2021 – INFORMATION MUST ARRIVE TO JONATHAN HOUCK BY THAT DATE.
- EARLIEST AGE FOR PARTICIPANTS IS AGE 7 (TURN 7 BY JANUARY 1, 2021). THE MINIMUM AGE CHANGED DUE TO THE LIFT REQUIREMENTS.
- ADULT LIFT TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED FROM THE MOUNTAIN IN ADVANCE OF THE EVENT – LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE WITH A CHILD IN THE EVENT TO GET THE PRICING.
- IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED THAT EQUIPMENT BE PUT ON AND TAKEN OFF IN YOUR CAR PRIOR TO ENTERING THE SKI AREA. SPACE IN THE BASE LODGE WILL BE LIMITED.
- IF RENTING EQUIPMENT, BE AWARE THAT THE LIMIT IN THE RENTAL SHACK IS 6 PERSONS AT A TIME, INCLUDING 2-3 EMPLOYEES. THIS WILL ADD TO THE TIME NEEDED TO GET EQUIPMENT – PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
- FOOD IS TO BE DETERMINED AS WE APPROACH THE EVENT.
- THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF INSTRUCTORS, SO THE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE CUT OFF AT 60 PARTICIPANTS. THOSE OVER 60 WILL BE NOTIFIED THAT YOU ARE ON A WAITING LIST AND WILL BE INFORMED 1 WEEK PRIOR TO THE EVENT IF YOU CAN ATTEND. THIS IS A CHANGE FROM THE PREVIOUSLY INDICATED MAXIMUM NUMBER OF 75.
- IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION, ALL REGISTRATION MONEY WILL BE RETURNED.
AS WE ALL KNOW, CONDITIONS WITH THE PANDEMIC CHANGE WEEKLY – THERE WILL BE WEEKLY UPDATES CONTAINING ANY CHANGES IN THE KIDS DAY SECTION OF THE COUNCIL WEBSITE – PLEASE MONITOR THIS.